Accounts Payable Clerk
Do you want to be a part of a family-owned and locally operated business that has served the area for 36 years? We are always looking for bright, motivated and energetic professionals to add to our world-class team. Our employees work together towards a common goal to offer the best service in the industry.
If you feel that your skills would be a valuable asset to our customers, we want to get to know you! Take a look at the Careers page and apply today!
The accounts payable clerk is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
· Distributes signed checks as required.
· Acts as liaison between corporate and branch accounts payable departments.
· Answers all vendor inquiries.
· Maintains all accounts payable reports.
· Assists corporate financial officers and branch personnel as necessary.
· Assists in monthly closings.
· Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
· Performs filing and coping.
· Performs daily end of day closing procedures in the cashier office.
· Financial Management.
· Ethical Conduct.
· This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with an hour lunch break.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Two to three years’ previous experience.
Appel Ford, Hyundai of Brenham, and Quick Lane Tire and Auto is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make decisions to hire and promote without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability or other legally protected status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.