Automotive Service Technician
Do you want to be a part of a family-owned and locally operated business that has served the area for 35 years? Our focus at Appel Ford is a commitment to customer satisfaction. We have a customer-friendly environment and state-of-the-art equipment to perform the latest techniques in auto repair which help make us one of the best dealers.
We are always looking for bright, motivated and energetic professionals to add to our world-class team. Our employees work together towards a common goal to offer the best service in the industry. If you feel that your skills would be a valuable asset to our customers, we want to get to know you! Take a look at the Careers page and apply today!
Provides automotive services by performing inspections, repairs, maintenance, and installations efficiently, safely and according to Ford’s quality and time standards. Complies with Ford and dealership’s safety and environmental programs and practices. Automotive services may include, but are not limited to drive ability, suspensions, alignments, steering, heating and air conditioning, basic and ABS brakes and exhaust systems.
- Promotes dealership by presenting professional image, positive attitude, and clean work area.
- Road tests vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Suggests additional work that is needed to the Service Advisor or Shop Foreman so the customer may be notified.
- Completes service and repair assignments correctly, to pass quality inspections or test drives.
- Collects all necessary information before requesting parts (e.g., model year, etc.).
- Maintains sufficient personally-owned tools; keeps tools in good working order.
- Notifies shop foreman and service advisor if delays are expected.
- Maintains cleanliness of the customer's vehicle.
- Promotes a productive working relationship with others.
- Actively listens to concerns; takes action to respond to others’ needs.
- Provides clear and legible record of service completed for both customer and dealership use.
- Assists Service Advisors, if necessary, to explain completed repairs to a customer.
- Assists other technicians when needed.
- Maintains composure when faced with multiple demands.
- Successfully performs overlapping tasks.
- Makes decisions regarding repair options; asks for assistance as necessary.
- Completes repair orders within specified time frame and alerts appropriate personnel if delayed.
- Takes necessary steps to minimize time spent waiting for parts.
- Coordinates with Parts Department to ensure parts are available to complete repair.
- Performs preventive maintenance, cleaning, and repairs on dealership tools and equipment; ensures facility is clean and organized at all times.
- Performs factory warranty repairs according to established procedures.
- Follows all hazardous waste and OSHA safety regulations and company policies.
- Utilizes Ford-provided technical assistance (e.g., Technical Support Systems Guide, Hotlines, OASIS, SBDS, other)
- Stays up-to-date on the latest technical services through training, bulletins, campaigns, etc.
- Acquires necessary training as required.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary and what type of diagnosis is needed.
- Uses computer to look up part availability and repair orders.
- Uses manuals including diagrams as necessary to complete the repair order.
- Properly disposes of used parts and returns unused parts to the parts counterperson.
- Completes time ticket correctly.
- Uses diagnostic procedure to identify the symptoms of the problem, the conditions under which they occur, the OASIS symptom codes that are appropriate for the symptoms listed as well as how often the symptoms occur.
- Follows safety rules and regulations.
- Completes warranty repair orders according to policy.
- Returns special tools and reference materials to their designated locations.
- Moving about the dealership to complete auto service and repair
- Physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment (35lbs or more), and bending down frequently
- Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards
- Using computer to look up information
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· Full Time
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position
Education and Experience
Education, training and/or state/national certifications should clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge and skills stated above.
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Other certifications or licenses as required by state law
- Driver’s license
- ASE certification preferred in one or more of the following areas:
· Electrical or Electronic Systems
· Heating and Air Conditioning
· Suspension and Steering
· Manual Drive Train and Axles
· Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
· Diesel Engine Performance
· Diesel Engine Repair
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in automotive repair or service; 4 or more years preferred
- Tools required performing repairs and services
- Working knowledge of all equipment used in the field
- Ability to read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Experience with diagnostic tools
Appel Ford, Hyundai of Brenham, and Quick Lane Tire and Auto is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make decisions to hire and promote without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability or other legally protected status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Automotive Repair: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location