Full-time Teller I
Assists members with financial transactions, to included receiving and disbursing cash and other negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides friendly, professional, personal, and confidential service to all members and associates.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments, and issues negotiable items such as money orders, cashiers checks and gift cards to members. Processes transfers from member accounts as requested. Prepares member wire requests.
- Identifies member needs for BVSCU products and services and offers products and services to match member needs.
- Balances cash drawer daily and maintains security of assigned cash drawer at all times.
- Maintains working knowledge of regulatory compliance related to member services and financial services area to include (but not limited to): BSA reporting requirements, OFAC, USA Patriot ACT, Red Flags, Regulation CC, Regulation D, Regulation E, Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, Privacy, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six months cash handling experience or customer service experience required.
- A high school education or GED required.
- Ability to work on-site at designated location.
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, tact and diplomacy and model exemplary member service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Must be bondable
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (6 to 7 hours per day).
- Must be able to view a computer screen, use a keyboard to enter information, and manipulate a mouse.
- Job includes some repetitive hand/wrist motions.
- Ability to operate office machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Such requirements may be expanded or otherwise changed at any time as indicated by the operational needs of the credit union. Employees may also be required to assist colleagues with their job responsibilities from time to time.