Brenham/Washington County Texas is a scenic and historic region located halfway between Houston and Austin on Hwy 290, renowned as the “Birthplace of Texas”. It is a great place to own a business, get-away and/or raise a family with over 40 bed & breakfast, 9 hotels, 4 wineries, historic Downtown Brenham, botanical garden attractions, children’s recreation, live theatre, museums – a great place to call home.
We are seeking a passionate, visionary, transparent and innovative leader to serve as the new CEO and President of our local Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber has honed its focus into three key areas: Business, Workforce and Quality of Life for long term success and economic vitality.
The President and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of Washington County Texas, is expected:
- To be a facilitator in solution development to community and industry challenges.
- Develop, advocate, and promote local business - develop member benefit programs, retention programs and networking opportunities in the area
- Make accurate and timely decisions based on member needs and business requirements.
- Manage daily operations of the community affairs and provide department executive support to the current Chamber of Commerce staff and organization.
- Connect community through events in the area and serve as a community information hub for events and activities.
- Advocate to retain the rich history and heritage of Washington County by promoting awareness and involvement of current events.
Required qualifications: Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, accounting, public administration, environmental science, public policy, communications, or related field from an accredited institution. At least 10 years minimum industry experience and 5 years executive level experience, plus a history of community involvement.
Preferred qualifications: Leadership Skills, analytical problem solving, exemplary communication and collaboration skills and experience, creativity, public speaking, decision-making, goal-oriented and a well-grounded and focused leadership presence. Looking for local area applicants or applicants willing to relocate to the Washington County area
Additional benefits offered: Medical, dental and vision benefits – Retirement – paid time off and holiday pay
Salary range: $65K – $75K a year based on qualifications and experience
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org