Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
|To supervise a maintenance/ custodial function to achieve safe, efficient operation of machinery, equipment, and facilities consistent with company cost and service level objectives.|
|1. Participates in planning, developing and implementing maintenance/ custodial programs. Assures all assigned facilities, machinery, equipment and utility systems (heating, electrical, plumbing, compressed gases and air conditioning) are in safe and efficient operating condition. Supports the implementation of all plant rearrangements. Establishes and maintains specific preventive maintenance schedules on equipment and facilities. Arranges emergency service schedules when employees may be exposed to unsafe equipment or facility conditions. Develops and maintains performance measures to identify and implement cost savings, improved methods and procedures.
2. Provides emergency maintenance or custodial service during scheduled or unscheduled work hours. Provides for call-in service to respond to equipment or facility emergencies.
3. Coordinates the completion of all maintenance /custodial work requests. Evaluates work requests to determine service required, man hours involved, cost of material or parts and whether to repair or replace equipment consistent with cost analysis. Prioritizes, schedules and communicates the completion of all maintenance/custodial work requests. Maintains high standards of housekeeping throughout the facility to encourage maximum safety, productivity and efficiency.
4. Participates in controlling hazardous materials used by PIC. Provides for manifold gas systems or pickup and delivery of compressed gas cylinders. Coordinates the disposal of hazardous liquid contaminants. Manages spill control activities and policies.
5. Coordinates the purchase of all maintenance or custodial supplies.
6. Provides for secure facility closure and shutdown when unattended. Follows safety guidelines.
7. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
|Education: 1800 hours Technical School with background in heating, air conditioning, plumbing, or electrical
Experience: Six (6) years applicable experience
|Reports to Manufacturing Manager|
|Exposure to hot and sharp shavings, cutting fluids, and machining noises. Moderate to heavy lifting (20-50 lbs.). Wears protective equipment as required by company policies.|
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.