PRODUCTION FLOOR LEAD
PRODUCTION FLOOR LEAD
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - until finish, fluctuating hours
$15.00 per hour
Monitors, maintains and leads workflow and productions staff in an assigned production area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Specific area assignments may include: production, quality, shipping, and receiving. All Line Coordinators will be cross-trained to support other areas.
- Ensures all plant and company safety rules and regulations are followed by production employees. Informs Supervisor of corrective actions taken and any concerns; initiates incident investigations with Supervisors
- Maintains floor/area level leadership of production employees to safely achieve manufacturing targets for the area of responsibility assigned
- Attends and actively participates in pre-shift hand-off meeting with out-going Group Lead; participates in shift start-up meeting with entire staff covering safety topics, production goals, issues and other related information
- Maintains work schedules within time constraints and, if required, develops plan to meet output goals outside of schedule. Advises Supervisor of the requirement in a timely manner and obtains approval or alternate instructions
- Ensures all required supplies are in place for the achievement of production targets. Reports progress on said production targets by maintaining communication tools such as an hour-by- hour dashboard, run charts or other methods. Ensures supplies for the oncoming shift are staged and ready prior to the shift transfer meeting.
- Accurately reports all production transactions for area of responsibility in defined programs such as JDE
- Completes all other necessary paperwork such as shift checklists, quality inspections, and transactional verifications; collects data for special assignments
- Monitors and takes active steps to reduce the scrap generated in the area of responsibility
Actively leads LEAN initiatives in the area of responsibility including items such as: 5S, Kaizen, and TPM
Leads and maintains the flow of the production
- Enforces and monitors quality standards and guidelines as well as customer
- requirements; checks for continual quality within the product lines
- Recommends corrective action to the Supervisors and/or Human Resources
- Conducts LOTO as appropriate
- Fills in for Supervisors under emergency circumstances
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of MS Office preferred; ERP experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college a plus
- Able to work independently and perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to communicate effectively including effectively presenting information, comprehending and communicating detailed instructions, reading and writing correspondence and memos, and having knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as required by the position.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.