Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
7:00 am - 1:00 pm
$12.00 - $15.00 per hour, DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan welding by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operate a plastic welding gun, use power tools, and hand tools, operate various shop machines.
- Join, fabricate, and repair plastic and other weldable materials by applying appropriate welding techniques. Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Cut sheets or material to be joined to form smooth edges using knife or other tools.
- Sand edges using sander to form a V-joint.
- Fuse together plastic sheets using hot-air gun to melt and join edges of sheets.
- Place plastic rod in joint and activate hot-air gun to melt rod causing mass to fill joint and join edges of sheets.
- Maintain specifications while performing welding processes; take measurements; detect malfunctions; troubleshoot processes; adjust and reset welding equipment; sharpen and replace worn tools; adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- In any environment, always follow safety standards and wear proper protective gear.