TEXAS – As Baylor Scott & White resumes scheduling surgeries and procedures and begins reopening care sites, it announces new preventive measures and innovative offerings designed to protect its patients and team members across the state.
"It is important patients and their families understand how we are creating COVID-19 Safe Care environments; and it is important patients do not continue delaying healthcare," said Alex Arroliga, MD, chief medical officer, Baylor Scott & White Health. "With the help of our trusted physicians, nurses and operators, advice from national experts and by following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have developed a plan to safely resume additional services in our communities," said Dr. Arroliga.
Baylor Scott & White's Safe Care plan includes:
- COVID-19 testing of patients deemed appropriate through individual case review prior to in-hospital surgeries; patient swabs collected via convenient drive-thru locations
- Virtual waiting rooms, allowing clinic patients and loved ones of hospital or surgery center patients to receive updates about their care via calls and text messaging, minimizing time in common areas
- Virtual care options provided to patients before and after surgeries and procedures when appropriate, simplifying the experience
- Masking of patients, approved visitors and staff in hospitals, surgery centers and clinics
- Enhanced cleaning and touch-free protocols in hospitals, surgery centers and clinics, including UV-light disinfection and paperless registration
- COVID-19 home monitoring digital care journey, enabled through the MyBSWHealth app or website, to be offered to those diagnosed with COVID-19 so they can be supported by our care teams while quarantined
"Patients should feel confident seeking our healthcare services," said Dr. Arroliga. "We have been safely providing emergent care for weeks while remaining prepared for influxes of COVID-19 patients; and now, we are well positioned to resume scheduled procedures, screenings and visits, helping those we serve avoid the unintended consequences of postponing healthcare."
For more about the Safe Care plan and to schedule a visit, go to BSWHealth.com/SafeCare, download the MyBSWHealth app by texting SAFECARE to 88408, or call 888-4-BSW-SAFE to learn more, schedule a visit or speak with a nurse.
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White Health promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. An integrated care delivery network, the system includes the Scott and White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance. Through 52 hospitals and more than 1,100 access points including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care, throughout Texas, and via virtual touchpoints. If its service area were a state, it would be the eighth largest, providing care to a population larger than that of the state of Georgia. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, Baylor Scott & White is proud to honor its century-long legacy through its commitment to improving accessibility, affordability and the customer experience for all. For more information, visit BSWHealth.com
# # #